2017: July 10 - 15, Louisville, Kentucky
2018: August 6 - 11, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Information will be available in January for that year's conference, with registration taking place in March. Registration priority is given to our current members.
About the Annual Conference
The IAMPETH Annual Conference, for IAMPETH members only, is a wonderful week spent learning the pen arts with some of the best penmen and calligraphic artists in the country.
You must be a member to get priority registration for our conference. We open up registration to non-members two weeks later if there are any remaining seats.
Our conferences have several unique features:
- Excellent instructors have included: Timothy Botts, Mike Kecseg*, Valerie Weilmunster, Michael Sull*, Maria Thomas, John DeCollibus*, Bill Lilly*, Cathy Ledeker, Vivian Mungall*, Jean Wilson, Rick Muffler*, Dr. Joseph Vitolo and Rosemary Buczek* to name just a few.
- Cutting edge technology is used for workshops, such as the Dukane digital projection system. The system allows the instructor to project his or her hand as the pen makes the stroke. Watching the instructor's hand actually use the pen or brush is the best way to learn the pen arts.
- Half-day and full-day courses give the student the opportunity to learn a broad variety of skills from several different instructors.
- Reasonable prices. A week of instruction for less than the price of many weekend workshops makes the IAMPETH Conference one of the best calligraphic bargains to be found.
- Volunteer Instructors. All of the Conference instructors are volunteers, sharing in the experience with fellow IAMPETH members. This makes us truly unique, and one more reason why our convention is such a magical week.
- The IAMPETH Archive Collection, an amazing collection of rare samples of historic master penmanship, is available all week long for attendees to see and study.
- Friends and Fellowship. Spend a week renewing old friendships and starting new ones with like-minded scribes who share the love of calligraphy, engrossing and beautiful penmanship.
|2017, Jul 10 to Jul 15||Bryan Platt||
|2016, Jul 11 to Jul 16||Alesia Zorn||
Red Lion Hotel on the River - Jantzen Beach
|2015, Jul 13 to Jul 18||Ann Cobb||
Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
|2014, Aug 04 to Aug 09||Heather Victoria Held||
Sheraton at Keystone Crossing
|2013, Jul 08 to Jul 13||Bill Kemp||
Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
|2012, Aug 06 to Aug 12||Debi Zeinert||
Hilton Milwaukee City Center
|2011, Jul 11 to Jul 17||Jenny Muffler||
Embassy Suites Phoenix - Biltmore
|2010, Aug 09 to Aug 14||Vivian Mungall||
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Lake Buena Vista, FL
|2009, Jul 13 to Jul 19||Janie Cravens||
|2008, Aug 04 to Aug 10||Richard Muffler||
Embassy Suites La Quinta - Hotel & Spa
La Quinta, CA
|2007, Jul 09 to Jul 15||Neil McCaffery||
Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza
Kansas City, MO
|2006, Jul 10 to Jul 15||Karen Brooks||
Holiday Inn Select
|2005, Aug 08 to Aug 13||Angela Welch||
Royal Sonesta Hotel
New Orleans, LA
|2004, Jul 12 to Jul 17||Sharon D. Eisman||
Providence Marriott Hotel
|2003, Jul 07 to Jul 12||James Williams||
Wyndham Playhouse Square Hotel