The scholarship applications are live from September 7 through November 30. Notification will be emailed when the applications are live.
Please note this is a scholarship opportunity, not a juried competition. Applicants of all skill levels will receive equal consideration.
NOTE: Only ONE Scholarship or Grant may be applied for within the same calendar year.
IAMPETH is an international, non-profit association dedicated to practicing and preserving the beautiful arts of calligraphy, engrossing and fine penmanship. We are excited to have the opportunity to offer three scholarships – one to a person local to the annual conference and who does not need to bear travel or housing expenses, a general scholarship to someone who must travel AND pay for housing at the hosting accommodations while attending the convention, and a scholarship up to $3000 to an international member who must pay convention fees, airfare and hotel accommodations.
Requirements for applicants are as follows:
- Applicants should have some calligraphic knowledge and/or experience
- Have completed high school (or the equivalent)
- Be an IAMPETH member in good standing, for at least one year.
- And be at least 18 years of age at the time of the convention.
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THESE REQUIREMENTS.
The Local Scholarship is for the convention fees only, the recipient must still pay their IAMPETH dues.
The General Scholarship is for $1000. Once the convention fees are deducted, the remainder of the $1000 will paid:
- by check to a recipient with a United States banking account to be used for travel, housing at the hosting hotel, meals and supplies for the convention.
- in cash to recipients from out of the United States who do not have a U.S. banking account upon registration at the convention
The International Scholarship will be awarded to an IAMPETH member outside the United States. The scholarship money, up to $3000, will be awarded for the convention fees, standard airfare and housing at the hosting hotel from the day before registration through the day after the closing banquet. Airfare & hotel will be paid through IAMPETH. Recipient will be responsible for shuttle fees, meals and supplies during the convention.
All scholarships are non-transferable. If the recipient is unable to attend, the award is forfeited and any funds received must immediately be returned to the IAMPETH Scholarship Chair.
The recipient is required within the year’s span from convention to convention to give back in some way to IAMPETH. For example – writing a newsletter article, hosting a table at the Round Robin, teaching a session at the following year’s convention, donating an item to the silent auction or volunteering and assisting at the convention.
Scholarships recipients are not allowed to apply for a Scholarship or Grant for 5 years after they are awarded the scholarship/grant.
PROCEDURE FOR BLIND SELECTION PROCESS
- Complete the application form below (to see the form you must be a paid member and logged in).
- Follow the instructions on each form item. Your name must not appear in any of the three essay questions or on your artwork. If you must digitally erase your name out of the artwork any resulting smudge will not be held against you. If your name appears in the essay questions or on your artwork, you will be disqualified.
- Submit application form by November 30th. There is only one submission for one scholarship per member per year. You may not apply for a Scholarship and Grant in the same year.
- Verify your contact information on your profile page.